Order Your WordPress Upgrade Now
Every so often, WordPress needs to make some upgrades to their free Content Management System platform. When that happens it is important to make the time and upgrade the software. There are two reason why upgrading is very important.
Our services include:
- Backing up your WordPress website.
- Upgrading to the latest version including plugins.
- Reviewing any bug or appearance fixes.
*Beyond basic fixes we will let you know if there are major breaks that will require additional programming. If they are beyond your budget or you do not wish us to make these changes we will return your website to its original state.
Learn about the latest changes: http://wordpress.org/news/2012/12/elvin/
2) Security – WordPress is an open-source software and over time can be vulnerable to attacks. But all of these updates, both minor and large, fill those holes and improve the security of your site. This is critical and that’s why it’s so important to stay updated on everything, including your plugins.
1) Feature Improvements – Yes, not only does the team working on WordPress create some awesome new features, or improve the look and ease-of-use, they do many things on the back end to make it work better and faster.
But, should you update every time? That is a personal preference as when you update it might cause minor issues like plugins not working, design issues, etc. But these are rare and can usually be fixed quickly. Plugin authors tend to keep their plugins up-to-date as well to make sure they work with the latest WordPress.
If you would like to upgrade your WordPress yourself, you can. Before you do, be sure you follow these directions:
- Back up everything. WordPress has two parts, your database and WordPress files, including your design theme and plugins. Your database is most important, it holds all your content: your pages, your posts, the heart and soul of your blog. It also might store some basic information on your theme or plugins. There are plugins that you can install to help this. We recommend iThemes BackupBuddy.
- Update via FTP or your WordPress which has an option to automatically upgrade. More details here: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups
- Test the results. You might find that you might need to do some tweaking to the design or a plugin does not work now. If it breaks, at least you have your back!