Every Monday I look forward to listening to various tech podcasts. If you use iTunes, you can easily subscribe to any of these podcasts. Below is a list of some that I subscribe to:
http://www.boagworld.com/podcast/ – web design related.
http://www.pwdmag.co.uk/ – web design related.
With so many logins and passwords that you have to remember, but the most important password to remember and protect is the one that allows you access to your personal computer. With this tip you can be sure to keep your password safe without it written on a sticky note and attached to your moniter for all to see.
Follow these steps:
- With your memory stick attached to your USB, type Control Panel | User Accounts.
- 2. Select your account and click Prevent a forgotten password in Related Tasks list to the left.
- Follow the steps within the Forgotten Password Wizard.
Safe Mode within your PC allows you to set your computer to use minimal set of drivers. This will enable you to access your PC if it stops responding after rebooting. It will let you diagnose the problem and then you can start Windows normally.
Follow these steps to get to Safe Mode:
- Reboot and press before Windows loads. This will bring up the ADvanced Options menu.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and press to launch Windows.
- You will notice that the computer will look very basic with minimal options available.
Are you getting deluged with the constant questions? Mostly questions that you routinely have asked in prior emails to other customers? There are several options that you could use.
(1) Incorporate a Frequently Asked Questions section in your websites.
(2) Hire more first-level employees to handle customer questions and inquiries.
(3) My favorite, since I am a small business and cannot afford to hire more employees, is to utilize my Microsoft Outlook and create various signatures within File | Signatures section answering specific questions. I also create draft emails for when I have e-mails with attachments like my Web Development Workbook.