Office Support Software
Below is a list of recommended software. Most are free
- PDF Writer for Windows. FREE. PDFCreator lets you send formatted documents and have them retain their appearance on another monitor or printer. As the name suggests, the download adds a PDF creator under your list of printers. Simply select a printable Windows file, print to the PDFCreator and your document will save in PDF format. You can then read, print or e-mail the finished product.
- Basecamp. Prices range. Manage your project, to-do lists online.
- PDF Writer for Macintosh. FREE. You already have what you need to make PDF files.
Now you can e-mail the PDF file or make it available in the Public folder on your iDisk.
- AntiSpyware from Microsoft. FREE. Download
- AVG Virus Checking Software. FREE for personal use. Download
- Backup and Syncronize your Computer. FREE. You can change a document and make mass updates throughout your computer. Or you can store back-up files wherever you want — hard drive, server or media such as CD/RWs. By creating multiple Profiles, you decide how SyncBack handles different scenarios.
- OpenOffice from OpenOffice.org. FREE. Free suite of office products. It includes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and drawing programs. You can open and save in a variety of popular formats — Microsoft Office, PDF, HTML, and others.
- Shutdown Your Computer Quickly. FREE Smart Shutdown is a nifty little program that gives plenty of shutdown options. You can shut down, restart or lock your computer, and more. You can put any of the options on a timer. You can also set a specific time for Smart Shutdown to kick in. You can even create and set customized reminders. One of Smart Shutdown’s best tricks is a one-click shutdown
- Backup your iPod songs. FREE. CopyPod can backup your iPod songs to any folder on your computer. You can also use it to make a backup on another computer. Should the worst happen, you can import your backup right into iTunes. CopyPad keeps your playlists intact as well.
- Clean Up Your Computer. FREE. CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a souped up disk cleaner. It can clean out your Web history, Windows’ temporary files and cookies. It can clean out file fragments and uninstall old programs for you. That could all save you a lot of disk space. It can even help fix your Registry.